Wednesday 19 September 2007

We're here - and we believe in miracles.

All our luggage
Well finally we are in Peru!

We arrived yesterday morning very early and we are staying with Jono, an English friend in Lima. It is very cold here - only 14'C or so, but no heating so we are well wrapped up. I am SO glad I packed my slippers!

Anyway, onto the miracles...
1) After months of trying to add Mark onto my nationwide account (with it we can get money out for free here) and failed credit checks because of a mistake O2 made years ago, we went to add him again last Monday. We were told the credit card would take 7-10 working days (and we had 4 left) and so it would take a miracle to get it before we left. 'That's ok,' I told the lady. 'We believe in miracles'. The card arrived in the last post before we left.

2) I tried and tried to get everything we wanted to take with us into 4 large suitcases, but to no avail. So in the end we decided to take more and pray (and pay if necessary!). In the end we ended up taking 8 pieces to check in, plus the carseat and buggy (stroller) and BA charged us nothing! Amazing. (it could have been over £400) We had to pay from LA to Lima, but it wasn't too much (and I was expecting to have to pay something anyway.)

God is gracious!

Today Mark is meeting someone about some potential language tuition and we are hoping to view a couple more flats/ houses. We saw 2 yesterday, but they were too small.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello mark, Anna, and daniel Burgess! Glad you arrived safely, I feel like a part of me is missing already tho...

What I want to know is HOW on EARTH did you carry all those bags across three airports? I think I would have had a nervous breakdown! But honesty, how did you do it?

Love you all lots and lots(more than I love shreddies- and that's saying something)
Chloe xxx

Mark, Anna, Daniel, Joel and Kaleb Burgess said...

We got everything through with Daniel in a sling on Mark's back and then two overloaded trolley's! It was a sight to see!

mycupofcoffee said...

Hi guys, I love what your doing and will get behind it in every posseble even with the few pennies I have. It really is quite exciting!

I had a dream of mark holding a sword - the word? Hold onto it mate!

Diego