Tuesday 1 May 2007

English grammar

I (Mark) amusingly am teaching English as you may know at a school in Sheffield. I have found that the level of English grammar is very low, so I decided to do a test, a spelling and definitions test . Some answers have amused me, so here they are to hopefully do the same for you.

A. Spell and give the meaning for:

1. saga, a games company
2. beck, my primary school
3. druid, a monk with a long beard
4. periscope. in the science lab there are 2 periscopes
5. druid, is a hybrid
6. saga, an insurance company
7. inferno, my favourite song is disco inferno
8. knapsack, a river bank- what was she thinking of?
9. opera, my nan goes to the opera
finally 10, angel a messenger belonging to God. I was very impressed. Pity they didn't do very well on the rest of the test.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha they look so much like the answers i used to give when i was at school!