Sunday 20 May 2007

Learning to eat

In the last couple of weeks we have started to wean Daniel. So far we haven't found anything he won't eat, but there are a few things that he screws his face up at before gulping them down.
Foods he likes:
Sweet Potato
Potato
Butternut squash
Carrot
Broccoli (yes broccoli!! - and I felt sick feeding it to him!)
Apple
Banana
Avocado

Foods he thinks are a bit dodgy: (Mummy and Daddy agreed)
Baby banana porridge
Baby rice (a.k.a. wallpaper paste)
At first I decided I was going to make all the food myself, but then saw that the organic pots in the supermarket were only 40p each (if you buy 10) and so I thought I might as well get some for when we go out - a lot less hassle. I think I'm going to be in for a shock though when we start weaning other babies in Peru - I doubt baby foods in jars are readily available!

Of course, as is inevitable, food gets pasted all over his face, bib, clothes, hands, mummy, floor, table... (and he's not even feeding himself yet!)

Daddy can't wait 'til he's eating steak (medium rare, of course)

Here is a video of him eating - just watch that concentration!

No comments: