Tuesday 17 July 2007

Lots of Greats

(Anna) My parents and sister have been back in the UK for a few weeks so we have travelled around the UK a bit to meet up with them. Daniel got to meet his Great Grandad number 2 (My Dad’s Dad) this last weekend for the first time. We went down to Long Melford in East Anglia and met up with my Dad’s side of the family. As usual meeting up involved eating, chatting, wine and lots of family members. Daniel’s Great Great Uncle Tony and Great Great Auntie Joan were also present so we had 4 over-80s!

A week ago I also travelled down to the New Forest on my own with Daniel on the train. I’m all for public transport in theory but I would definitely chosen to drive if I’d have had access to a car because taking Daniel on a train with a large bag with clothes for the week and enough toys and food to keep Daniel happy for the week was no easy task. After getting on the train the only carriage with free space both ways was the quiet coach! So it was slightly stressful trying to keep Daniel quiet, especially seeing as he started the shrieking phase the week before!

We spent some time in the New Forest visiting Great Grandad number 1 and then a couple of days in Woking seeing my sister and my Mum and Dad before getting the train back.
So many Greats that we couldn't help but have a great time! And as you can see from the pics, Daniel was very cute and smiley - I think he's learning what a camera is!

No comments: