Monday 24 November 2008

Pucallpa Nov 08 Part 1

I went to Pucallpa again for the 2nd time last week, this time with my Father in Law Julian.



We went on the Thursday 13th November and planned to return on the 17th in the early afternoon. This was scuppered due to rain, jungle style! When I spoke to the checking staff an hour before take off, the said the plane was still in Lima. We eventually left after the rains subsided and arrived back in our house at 8pm, 4 hours late.

A hour before bone dry, and a hour later dry again!





It's raining it's pouring!

We had an amazing time and we saw many amazing things as well as being very busy.
We arrived Thursday late afternoon. I was asked to preach at the evening service, and we then prayed for the sick. This was incredible as we prayed for about 11 people and all 11 were healed. Our Western cynical view thought maybe they were saying they had been healed to please the visiting preaches, but the beams on their faces seemed to defy this.


We were also invited by Mercedes the leader at the church to preach on television the next morning from 7 till 8. This was an offer we would never have expected, and weren't really prepared for, but we both like new challenges, and so we accepted. We arrived at the studio (someone's converted front room to appear on the Christian hour of Pucallpa, Campo Verde and Ucayali's community channel), and we were told that we would have 4 sections of approximately 10 minutes each, the 1st an introduction from Pastor Benjamin interviewing Julian and I asking why we were here, and what we did. The 2nd section I was to give a devotional for the day. I spoke on Matthew 22 and the love of God that we need to accept and then show the world. The third section was a short (translated by me) talk on business by Julian, advertising his seminar to be held on the Sunday, and giving a few words of advice as well to those out there who were in Business.


Oseas, Julian, Benjamin, and myself after the show.


The final section was a prayer time from me, and a wrap up. It was a real honour to be able to share with so many people, and potentially to be able to have an impact on the lives of so many people. Benjamin said to me up to 50,000 people watch the show. I am guessing this is a Peruvian exaggeration, but it shows it is a high number.


BBC News next?

No comments: