Monday 24 November 2008

Pucallpa Nov 08 Part 4

Following the business and leadership seminars we did, Julian preached
in the main church with Jennifer an American missionary translating, and I went to another Pucallpa church plant called 'Cordero' or 'the Lamb'. Again following my preach God healed people and people had powerful encounters with God.

Praying with the people of Cordero church.

Preaching at Cordero church.

I also had an encounter of a different type as I met a tarantula of the non friendly pet’s corner type. This was promptly squashed and the majority of the praying kneeling congregation unaware. Those who did see it took it in their stride. Just what is normal in a jungle service?

My little spider like friend was just left of the keyboard player.

When I arrived back Julian told me that they had see healings in their service when the congregation prayed for each other. One of the people healed was Antonio a Shibipo pastor full of faith who is still going strong at 70. He has travelled the entire world and has a unlimited visa to go to the US at anytime. This is unheard of here in Peru as people often get refused for a 2 week visa for fear they will stay after the 2 weeks to live. Antonio went to his interview at the embassy and saw many young people crying because they had been refused their visa. Antonio was feeling very apprehensive when the embassy official came out. She asked Antonio: 'Are you from an indigenous tribe?', he said ‘yes’. She said ‘come this way pastor’. He was given an unlimited visa without an interview to visit the USA whenever he wants.How good is God?

Myself, Antonio, and Julian

Antonio is a pastor of a church 19 hours by river from Pucallpa, and has invited me to go and minister there and the 56 church plants as well!! If God lets me, I’m there. We plan to go back in early 2009, so watch this space.
My time in Pucallpa was again a real blessing. Next time we hope to more training, especially of the pastors and leaders, part of our vision, but I cannot take anything way from the amazing things God has done through us in these 4 days. I would say its back to normal, but things very rarely are. I love it. What a privilege to be here living out our calling.

No comments: