Thursday 4 August 2011

My Mum


Last week Daniel and I (Mark)went to England for 5 days for a family emergency. The emergency was due to my mum´s state of health. My mum had been in hospital for over 4 months with a broken femur, which never healed correctly. The situation seemed to be stablising, although her health was up and down.
However two Sundays ago I received a phone call from my sister saying my mum had been admitted into intensive care and her situation was serious. We as a family took the decision to fly back and arrived on Friday the 22nd of July with Daniel. My mum with Anna and a very baby Daniel.
My mum died on Saturday 23rd July at 2.30pm UK time due to multiple organ failure. This has been a great shock to the family. Please pray for us at this time.
Christmas 2009 with my mum and dad.
However I do not wish to dwell on the negative that my mum is no longer with us but the positive that she is now in a place where there is no more pain, no more sickness, no more evil. More than this, she is with Jesus and his perfect presence.
I always want to dwell on my mum as the person she was before she went into hospital. She was very servant hearted, always willing to help out where she could. She was a person who loved her grandchildren dearly, and myself and Anna will always be grateful for the money sent through for toys, the Cbeebies magazines and of course the endless hours of Cbeebies recorded onto DVD.
I will always remember when as a child mum used to make wine in big demi johns and the adults who enjoyed this, sometimes in excess! (I remember one engagement party, and what I thought was a very jolly gardener!!) I also will remember her taking me endlesslessy to the Leeds General Infirmary hospital with various breakages and even concussion.
Also I will never forget the way she has looked after my dad for so many years and has served him.
Thank you mum for your life. You will be sorely missed.
We love you.

JEAN BURGESS 12 October 1946- 23rd July 2011.

No comments: