Monday 1 August 2011

Wedding!!!

A month ago I was given the chance to take my second wedding here in Peru. (The first was in the jungle) Both of them have been very different to my normal experience of weddings in the UK. Jaime and Belen who are both part of our church in Pacifico have lived together for 13 years but felt that it was the right time to get married. I had a dual role at the wedding as the official chauffeur and the presiding minister.

The happy couple who were acting as if in love which was great to see.

I arrived at 8.40pm to pick them up. It was supposed to be 8.00pm. When I arrived Jaime was still in his dressing gown. We left at 9.00 and then proceeded to drive around several attractive spots in Chorrillos, the area where we all live. Meanwhile Jaime and Belen were constantly on the phone trying to sort out the P.A for the wedding which hadn´t arrived, the food that hadn´t been sorted 100% and also checking about the DJ who was at that point presiding over a babyshower. I would have been stressed if it had been my wedding but they seemed to be very relaxed about the whole situation. Anyway 10 0 clock arrivedand we hadn´t arrived.We then hit major traffic as it was the anniversary of Chorrillos, and got delayed another 40 minutes. After that I thought it was just plain sailing and we could start the wedding!

Jaime repeating his vows after me.

The guys from the church who made the journey to the wedding.

How wrong I was. We then arrived 1 block from the wedding venue, we stopped at a very dodgy and dirty looking chinese restaurant and waited for the all clear that the DJ and the sound had arrived. Meanwhile Belen in her wedding dress went to the bathroom and bought some food. I was completely thrown by the whole event, but throughly enjoyed the whole event, even though it started at 11pm and when we left at 1.15 am we felt like the party poopers!!!!


The happy couple below!!! Jaime seems to have the Chandler curse and can´t seem to smile even though he is generally a happy guy!!

No comments: