Sunday 29 April 2007

My current favourite place in Sheffield

I (Anna) am so enjoying the gorgeous weather we have been having and looking at the BBC website I am delighted to see five little suns for the forecast for the next 5 days!
Anyway, as I was saying...my current favourite place in Sheffield is...

...the Botanical gardens - they are so pretty, there are lots of different coloured plants and flowers out and all the trees are in blossom. It does also remind me of the Jardin du Luxembourg in Paris, although the Botanical gardens have a distinct lack of joggers - just lots of picnic-ers. We went for a walk around the Botanical gardens yesterday and it was great to walk amongst the trees; to see the squirrels playing and the fat pigeon trying to waddle along and all the children running around and all the students lazying about - And there was even a birthday party there yesterday - balloons and all! Seeing as it is still April (just) there should be plenty more opportunities to visit before September (although I might have to avoid the ice-cream van if visiting starts to become a habit!)

No comments: