Monday 16 April 2007

On a Bicycle Made for Two

(Anna) Tried to post this on the blog the other day but the computer wasn't having any of it, so will try again now!
Last week we had a lovely holiday with my family three hours up the coast in town called Port Stevens - stayed in a gorgeous hotel overlooking a marina and the weather was lovely.

We took a ferry trip over to a place called The Tea Gardens (the explorers tried to plant tea there but it was a failure yet the name still stuck) and Mark went sea kayaking with the more adventurous whilst Mum, Daniel and I went for a stroll by the sea inlet.

The last day I got to do something slightly scarier – riding a tandem bicycle with Mark!!

Now it wasn’t the cycling that was scary, more the fact that it was with Mark and to balance the bicycle properly the stronger person has to go in front – so we’re dashing through forest and down thin paths dodging pedestrians and all I can see ahead is Mark’s back!!! Mark felt that my cries of ‘slow down!’ were due to me not trusting him (!) but I concluded that it is mere instinct – it is just not natural to be relaxed whilst you are quite possibly (or with Mark, quite probably) in danger and have no idea what is up ahead! I was however alerted to the fact that although trusting Mark is obviously still quite an issue when it comes to tandem biking, trusting God is a bit like tandem bike riding, but without the risk of running into a tree or killing someone – thankfully He is completely faithful!

No comments: